History of Himachal Pradesh - PART 1 | HP history questions | Himachal Pradesh history | HP GK Study
|Sujanpur Tira Fort|
>> Who gave the name “ Himachal Pradesh” ?
Ans: Acharya Diwakar Dutt Sharma
1. Who was the founder of Chamba State?
Ans: Meru Verma in 550 A.D
2. Who was the founder of Kehlur State?
Ans: Veerchand Chandel in 697 A.D
3. Who founded Suket State?
Ans: Veer Sen in 765 A.D
4. Who founded Nalagarh State?
Ans: Ajay Chand in 100 A.D.
5. Who was the founder of Nurpur State?
Ans: Tejpal Tomar in 1000 A.D.
6. Who was the founder of Sirmour State?
Ans: Subhansh Prakash in 1195 A.D
7. Who founded Trigarta State?
Ans: Raja Susharma
8. Who was the founder of the princely state of Mandi?
Ans: Raja Bahu Sen in 1200 A.D; Ajbar Sen was the founder of historical city of Mandi in 1526 AD.
9. Who was the founder of Guler State?
Ans: Hari Chand in 1405 A.D
10. Who founded Kiothal State?
Ans: Giri Sen in 765 A.D
11. When was the battle of Bilaspur and Hadur fought?
Ans: 630 A.D
12. When did Mahmud Ghaznavi invade Kangra Fort?
Ans: 1009 A.D
13. When did Jahangir capture Kangra?
Ans: 1620 A.D
14. When was the battle of Bhangani fought?
Ans: 1686 A.D; Between Guru Gobind Singh and Bhim Chand
15. When did Gurkha forces capture Kangra?
16. The Kangra fort recaptured by Maharaja Ranjit Singh in -----
17. When was the battle between Gurkhas and British fought?
18. When did Jugga agitation occur in Kahloor (Bilaspur)?
19. When did Mandi conference take place?
20: When was Interim government of Himachal Pradesh formed?
21. When was Himachal Pradesh declared a Union Territory?
22. When Himachal Pradesh attained full statehood as the eighteenth state of the Indian Union?
23. Himachal Pradesh University was established in :
24. When was Palampur Agriculture University founded?
25. When was Dr YS Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry set up?
26. When was HPSSB set up at Hamirpur?
27. When was the battle of Haloti fought?
Ans: 1670 A.D
28. Who was the first governor of Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: S. Chakravarti
29. Who was the first Lt. Governor of Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: Himmat Singh
30. Who was the first Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: Dr. Y.S Parmar
31. Who was the first Chief Justice of High Court?
Ans: Justice M.H Beg
32. Who was the first Army Chief from Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: Gen. V.N Sharma
33. Which is the oldest princely state?
Ans: Trigarta (Kangra)
34. Who was the first person from Himachal Pradesh to become Chief Justice of India?
Ans: Mehar Chand Mahajan
35. Who is the first Lady Speaker of Vidhan Sabha?
Ans: Vidya Stokes
36. Which ruler shifted the capital from Bharmaur to Chamba?
Ans: Sahil Verman
37. Lord Mayo visited Chamba in which year?
38. Which king of Kangra organized all the hill chiefs between Jammu and Kangra in 1588-89 against Akbar?
Ans: Raja Bidhi Chand
39. Which ruler of Kutlehar expelled the Sikhs from Kotwalbah fort during the first Sikh war?
Ans: Narain Pal
40. Who was the first European to visit Chamba and in which year?
Ans: Mr Vinge in 1839 A.D
41. The chief commissioner was replaced by Lt. Governor in which year?
Ans: November 1951
42. Who led the Dhami Movement in 1939?
Ans: Bhagmal Sautha
43. Who was the leader of Suket Styagrah?
Ans: Pandit Padma Dev
44. Which state was ruled by famous ruler Raja Kheri Singh?