1. What is the name of a Hindi Magazine (monthly) which was started during the early sixties but remained suspended during 1956-66?
Ans: Sahitya Darshan
2. After the suspension, when was the above-mentioned magazine revived?
Ans: At the end of 1967
3. Which non- regional newspaper commands the largest circulation in Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: The Tribune; It's probably because this paper is published from Chandigarh - a place nearest to the state of Himachal Pradesh
4. What are the major dialects in which AIR Shimla broadcasts programmes?
Ans : Kangri, Chambiali, Mandiyali, Kinnauri and Sirmauri
5. Under the reign of which ruler, the education system in Himachal Pradesh flourished?
Ans: Raja Shamsher Prakash of Sirmaur
6. Which ruler had established a "madrasa" at Nahan to impart education in Urdu and Persian languages?
Ans: Raja Shamsher Prakash
7. Most of the schools in the state of Himachal Pradesh were affiliated to which university before independence?
Ans: Punjab University, Lahore
8. When was the first primary school opened at Keylong?
9. When was the first central college established in Shimla?
10. Which education board opened the first college in Lahaul valley and in which year?
Ans: Kangra District Education Board in 1919
11. Bishop Cotton School was opened by :
Ans: John Lawrence in 1863
12. When was the Department of Technical Education established in Himachal Pradesh?
13. Mahima Library(1930) stands as a memorial to one of Maharani's daughter. What is the name of that daughter?
Ans: Mahima Kumari
14. The inauguration of Mahima Library took place under the reign of which ruler?
Ans: Maharaja Amar Prakash
15. Where is Dadahu Library located?
16. When was Dadahu library established?
Ans: July 1955
17. What are the prominent libraries established in Chamba Districts?
Ans : a) District Chamba Library
b) Sanatan Dharma Library
18. When was District Chamba Library established?
Ans: 1st January 1959