Test your preparation 1 : Previous Year Question Paper | RFO Exam Himachal | Questions asked in Range Forest Officer (RFO) Exam 2017
a) James Tod
b) Vincent Smith
c) E.J Rapson
d) G.T Vigne
2. Who succeeded to the throne of Kangra princely state when Raja Hari Chand 1 was presumed dead but was actually alive?
a) Megh Chand
b) Karam Chand
c) Suvira Chand
d) Dharam Chand
3. Who guided Raja Sahil Verman of Chamba princely state on matters concerning the setting up of new capital of the state at its present location--Chamba?
c) Yogi Charpatnath
4. Around which year was Moravian Mission with its headquarters at Kyelang (Lahaul) set up?
a) 1823 A.D
b) 1835 A.D
c) 1853 A.D
d) 1875 A.D
5. During or about the reign of which Raja of Bilaspur princely state his state (and all other Shimla hill states) became subject and Tributay to the Mughal Empire?
a) Gyan Chand
b) Fateh Chand
c) Megh Chand
d) Rattan Chand
6. According to Vikram Sambat when was a treaty concluded between Maharaja Ranjit Singh of Lahore and Raja Sansar Chand of Kangra by which the Kangra fort and District Sandhata were transferred to the Government of Lahore?
a) 1853 A.D., Jeshtha 5
b) 1861 A,D., Asad 5
c) 1866 A.D., Sawan 5
d) 1867 A.D., Bhadon 5
7. Which raja of Kullu princely state transferred capital of his state from Naggar to Sultanpur ?
a) Man Singh
b) Bahadur Singh
c) Jai Singh
d) Jagat Singh
8. Which raja of Sirmaur princely state was given the title of Maharaja by the British?
a) Fateh Prakash
b) Shamsher Prakash
c) Amar Prakash
d) Rajinder Parkash
9. Which Raja of Bushahar princely state adopted Surendar Shah, the younger brother of Garhwal ruler, as his son because his only surviving son from a concubine, Padam Singh, was considered illegitimate?
a) Fateh Singh
b) Shamsher Singh
c) Kehri Singh
d) Rudra Singh
10. Around which year did Prem Pracharini Sabha of Dhami princely state converted itself into Dhami Riyasat Praja Mandal?
a) 1930 A.D
b) 1933 A.D
c) 1935 A.D
d) 1939 A.D
11, In which year did Himachal Pradesh become a Part C state of the Indian Union?
a) 1948 A.D
b) 1949 A.D
c) 1950 A.D
d) 1951 A.D
12 In which region of H.P is Chanderkup lake?
13. Which one of the following streams is a tributary of the Sutlej river?
14. Near which town are Rahla waterfalls?
15. Which one of the following glaciers is not in Chandra Valley of Lahaul?
16. Given below are the names of some mountain peaks of H.P and the region in which they fall. Find the mismatch.
a) Shach -> Kullu
b) Shilla -> Kinnaut
c) Manerang -> Chamba
d) Murangla - > Lahaul-Spiti
17. Which mountain pass joins Chamba and Jammu?
18. Which one of the following areas which are declared difficult and inaccessible by the H.P Govt. in its notification of 1999 A.D. falls in mandi District of H.P ?
19. According to mythology, which one of the following is considered to be the Goddess of snakes?
a) Kamna Devi
b) Shikari Devi
c) Mansa Devi
20, Who is the principal God of the Gaddis?
21. According to 2016-17 Economic Survey what was the expected growth rate of economy in H.P. during the 2016-17 year?
a) 7.5 %
d) 5.9 %
22. How many L.E.D bulbs are being provided to the domestic consumers in H.P at rates cheaper than the open market?
23. According to 2016-17 Economic Survey approximately what percentage of total identified potential of hydro-power in H.P has been harnessed?
a) 23.27 %
b) 29.67 %
c) 33.77 %
d) 37.73 %
24. What is the name of the programme launched in H.P. for popularisation and innovation of Scince and Math for the students of 6 to 8 class?
25. In how many districts of H.P. is Swachh Bharat Mission being implemented?
26. Besides Una District, in which 2 other districts of H.P. Beti Bachao Betu Padhao scheme has been started?
a) Kangra and Hamirpur
b) Hamirpur and Bilaspur
c) Bilaspur and Solan
d) Solan and Mandi
27. In which Districts of H.P. is Sechu Tuan Nala sanctuary?
28. Identify the correct order in which the marriage ceremonies are performed in H.P?
a) Shanti - Samuhat - Lagan - Milni
b) Samuhat - Shanti- Milni - Lagan
c) Shanti - Milni- Lagan - Samuhat
d) Samuhat - Shanti - Lagan- Milni
29. In which building in Shimla town was the residence of Commander - in - Chief of India in the beginning of twentieth century?
a) Kennedy House
c) Wild Flower Hall
d) Gorton Castle
30. In which Vidhan Sabha Election Shanta Kumar and Vir Bhadra Singh contested from two constituencies each?