A: Sucheta Kriplani
2. Five-year plan in India is finally approved by :
A: National Development Council
3. Declaring a Financial Emergency is related to which article of the Constitution?
4. Which amendment of the Constitution of India inserted a new article 21 A providing Right to Education in the constitution?
A: 86th Amendment
5. What was the main aim of Antyodaya Programme?
A: Helping the poorest among poor
6. SJSRY belongs to :
A: Urban Areas
7. Estimation of poverty in India is given by the :
A: NITI Aayog
8. The central banking functions in India are performed by the :
9. Stagflation is :
A: Inflation with depression
10. Dear Money Policy implies :
A: High-interest rates
11. When was the Consumer Protection Act passed?
12. Who gave the call for 'Evergreen Revolution' in India?
A: M.S. Swaminathan
13. Which State of India has become the first to implement the National policy on biofuels ?
14. Dr Bhishma Narain Singh, who passed away recently, was associated with which political party?
15. What is India's rank in the UN's E-Government Development Index in 2018?
16. Who is the new Chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs?
A: S. Ramesh
17. Under whose captainship, The India Kabaddi team clinched the 2018 Kabaddi Masters Dubai title?
A: Ajay Thakur
18. Which Indian cricketer was recently inducted into ICC Cricket Hall of Fame?
A: Rahul Dravid
19. NITI Ayog has recently partnered with GNFC Ltd. to implement fertilizer subsidy disbursement through which technology?
20. Which state/UT has recently launched "Happiness Curriculum" for students up to class eight?
21. The famous cultural festival 'Behdienkhlam 2018' was celebrated in which state?
22. Who has recently become the first serving Indian Army officer to complete 'Ironman' competition?
A: Vikram Dogra
23. Which telecom company has become India's first mobile operator to launch internet telephony services in India?
24. Which Indian Naval Ship has become the first ever warship to enter the port of Sabang in Indonesia?
A: INS Sumitra
25. Which city hosted the first 'Nepal-India Think Tank' summit recently?
26. Karman Kaur Thandi is associated with which sports?
27. India's first in-phone tourism guide and mobile application 'Go whats that' has recently launched in which city?
28. Who was the first information commissioner of Himachal Pradesh?
A: P.C Rana
29. In which year, All India Radio was set up in Shimla?
30. Who headed the Punjab re-organisation commission 1966?
A: J.C Shah
31. The new year festival in Chandra and Bhaga valley is called?
32. Which town of Himachal is known as 'Chhoti Kashi'?
33. When did Mahatma Gandhi visit Dharampur (Solan) and delivered a speech?
34. Who was the first Himachali sportsperson to receive the Arjuna Award?
A: Suman Rawat
35. Who took a keen interest in Chamba embroidery and rumal?
A: Kamala Devi Chattopadhyay
36. The Masrur temples of Kangra is built in which century?
37. Who started the Shivratri fair of Mandi?
A: Ajbar Sen
38. The Aryans came to Himachal Pradesh from?
A: Central Asia
39. U.S Club, Shimla was originally the residence of which British ruler?
A: Sir Jeremiah Bryant
40. Who was the first speaker of H.P Vidhan Sabha?
A: Jaiwant Ram
41. Who was the ruler of Bushahr state when 1857 revolt took place?
A: Shamsher Singh
42. Who founded the Bhagal State?
43. What was the earlier name of SunderNagar town?
44. Who was the most powerful king of Kullu dynasty?
A: Maheshwar Singh
45. Who took the possession of books of Kangra library and got them translated into Persian?
A: Feroz Shah Tughluq
46. Which district does not share its boundary with Kangra district?
47. Markanda Khad flows in which Distt. of H.P?
48. Nako lake is located in which distt. of Himachal?
49. Where does the river Satluj enters Shimla distt. ?
50. By what name Glaciers are known in the local language?
51. Which is the port town of Indus Valley civilization?
52. The original name given to the followers of Mahavira was?
53. The last king, known to history, of the line of imperial Maurya, was :
54. The largest urban centre in early ancient India was :
55. Which of the following term came to be used for all kinds of foreigners?
56. 'Navanitakam' deals with?
57. Who is considered as the 'last great Hindu emperor' of India?
58. Which was the last great Hindu Imperial Dynasty of Northern India?
59. The famous Chaturbhuja temple at Khajuraho was built by?
60. Qutbuddin Bakhtiar Kaki was associated with which of the following Sufi orders?
A: Chisti order
61. The ruler who did not go for any fresh conquests was?
A: Bahlol Lodhi
62. Where were the ships built for trade?
A: Maldive Islands
63. The longest of Shivaji's military campaigns was conducted against?
64. The Indian ruler who defeated the English in the early stage of British rule in India was?
A: Haider Ali
65. Who declared himself as the Governor of Bahadur Shah?
A: Khan Bahadur Khan
66. The first Nationalist leader to preside over the Indian National Congress was :
A: W.C Banerjee
67. How many of Gandhiji's followers were selected to go on the march to Dandi?
68. After which session Muhammad Ali Jinnah left the Congress?
A: Nagpur Session
69. The main food crop in Asia is :
70. The Queen of Himalayas is :
71. The Barak river originates from :
A: Mount Japvo
72. Which dam is also known as Ranjit Sagar dam?
A: Thien Dam
73. The Kalakot coal field is situated in :
A: Jammu & Kashmir
74. Which state occupies the top position in the country in male literacy?
75. 'Sundarlal Bahuguna' is associated with :
A: Chipko Movement
76. The most spoken language in the world is :
77. To which country does India export the largest quantity of iron ore?
78. India leads the world in the export of :
79. The food a man eats has :
A: Potential Energy
80. Which mirror is used as a shaving mirror?
A: Concave mirror
81. Transistors are made from :
A : Semi-conductors
82. India's biggest Nuclear Research Reactor is known as :
83. Who is the highest civil servant of the Union Government?
A: Cabinet Secretary
84. A proclamation of emergency must be placed before the Parliament for its approval within
A: 1 month
85. The resolution for the removal of the Vice-President of India can be proposed in :
A: Any house of Parliament
[ The given questions are random].