Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services, Prelims Exam 2020 - Set D Questions and Answers [1 to 100] :
1. Which among the following variables/factors are not used in constructing Human Development Index of India?
(a) Life Expectancy at birth
(b) Real GDP per capita
(d) All of the above
2. Disguised Unemployment means
(a) Marginal Productivity of labour is zero
(b) Marginal productivity of labour is positive
(c) Marginal productivity of labour is negative
(d) Both a and b
3. Human Development does not use which parameter while measuring gender inequality
(a) Sex Ratio
(d) Command over economic resources
4. SANKALP is launched to provide:
(a) Better healthcare for rural poor
(b) Better healthcare for urban poor
(c) Quality education
(d) Market relevant training to youth
5. Golden rule of fiscal policy in India is
(a) Borrowing only for current expenditure.
(b) Borrowing only for public investment
(c) Borrowing only for repayment of debt
(d) Borrowing for budget expenditure
6. Which of the following is an example of management performance indicator?
(a) Raw material used per unit of product
(b) Number of complaints from public or employees
(c) Containment concentration in surface soil
(d) Change in ground water level
7. Which of these is a dimension of CSR?
8. NGOs are recognized as _____ to focus and fix the problems present in the development process.
(a) Favoured child
(b) Unfavoured child
(c) Magic bullet
(d) Unmagic bullet
9. Which of the following is the primary goal for sustainable development?
(a) Increasing emissions
(b) Eliminating wastes and emissions
(c) Decreasing emissions
(d) Moderating emission and wastes
10. Eco mark label of India is
(a) A blue bird
(b) An earthen pot
(c) A red rose
(d) White Rabbit
11. Mass extinction of species do not occur due to which of the following factors:
(a) Global cooling
(b) Falling sea level
(c) Excessive rainfall
12. A 40-watt bulb is used 6 hrs every day. Number of electric units consumed in 30 days:
13. In nuclear fission of U235 with a slow neutron bombardment produces energy approximately:
(a) 50 MeV
(b) 100 MeV
(c) 200 MeV
(d) 930 MeV
14. Dental alloy for teeth filling contains:
(a) Silver, mercury, tin, copper and zinc
(b) Siler, gold, tin, copper and zinc
(c) Silver, mercury, tin, copper and aluminium
(d) Gold, mercury, tin, copper and zinc
15. Which of the following substances are not responsible for water hardness?
(a) Calcium carbonate
(b) Magnesium carbonate
(c) Calcium nitrate
(d) Calcium hydrogen nitrate
16. Different plant parts in which leukoplasts are present are:
(a) Roots and underground stem.
(b) Green leaves
(c) Flowers and fruits
(d) Green parts of young stems
17. Pteridophyta do not have
18. In which group of animals, Coelom is filled with blood?
19. Lack of oxygen in muscles often leads to cramps among athletes. The reason for this is
(a) Conversion of pyruvate to ethanol
(b) Conversion of pyruvate into lactic acid
(c) No conversion of glucose o pyruvate
(d) Conversion of pyruvate to glucose
20. Physiographically Palampur, Dharamshala and Jogindernagar in Himachal Pradesh are situated in which of the following zone?
(a) Humid Sub Tropical
(b) Sub Temperate
(c) Sub Humid Tropical
(d) Wet Sub Temperate
21. Which of the following was not a princely state or Thakurai which was clubbed to form the Mahasu district in 1948?
22. 'Zahor' is Tibetan name of which of the following district of Himachal Pradesh?
(c) Lahul and Spiti
23. Which snow-clad peak of Himachal Pradesh is shaped somewhat like Matterhorn in Switzerland?
(b) Reo Purgyil
24. Which of the following combination is not correct?
(b) Kinner or Kinnaura-Janckang
(c) Gaddi- Batta-satta
(d) Swangla- Jhanjrara
25. Match List I and List II and select the correct answer from the codes given below?
List I List II
i) Kayang (A) Sirmaur
ii) Jhanjar (B) Una
iii) Keekli and Bangra (C) Chamba
iv) Jhoori (D) Lahul
(a) i-E, ii-A, iii- D, iv- C
(b) i-E, ii-C, iii- B, iv- A
(c) i-D, ii-C, iii- B, iv- A
(d) i-A, ii-C, iii- B, iv- D
26. Lohri has been declared as state-level festival and 'First Lohri festival' was celebrated on 13th Jaunary 2010 at which of the following place?
(d) Paonta Sahib
27. Which of the following temple is believed to be constructed by two merchants 'Ahuka' and 'Manyka'?
(a) Baijnath temple
(b) Chintpurni Temple
(c) Lakshmi Nayarayn temple Chamba
(d) Masroor Temple
28. The largest collection of 'Kangyur and 'Tangyur' is placed in the library of which of the following Gompa?
29. Which of the following statement is not correct?
(a) The Arki school of painting was founded by Raja Jagat Singh
(b) The Basholi school of painting came into prominence from the time of Raja Kripal Pal
(c) The Kangra paintings have got Geographical indicator.
(d) Chamba was one of the principal centres of Pahari miniature paintings.
30. In which of the following valley, Himachal Pradesh Language, Art and Culture Academy found 600 years old manuscript that deals with the Ayurvedic System of Medicine?
(a) Sangla Valley
(b) Kullu Valley
(c) Balh valley'
(d) Spiti Valley
31. Which of the following combination is not correct?
(a) Fatehpur Fort: Bandla Dhar
(b) Tiun Fort: Tiun Dhar
(c) Devi Badoli Temple: Jhanjiar Dhar
(d) Dagoga Malhot: Kot Dhar
32. The only coin special to Chamba, five of which makes an 'anna' is the:
33. Who amongst the following was the first to examine the archaeological remains in Chamba and Bharmour?
(a) Colonel Reid
(b) Mr. Vigne
(c) General Cunningham
(d) Sir Henry Davies
34. What is the script of earliest rock inscription found at Pathiar and Kanihara?
35. What is the name of an opera festival which is annually held at the Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts(TIPA) at Mcleodganj and was an annual feature in Lhasa prior to 1959?
36. Which of the following valley is without exception the most rugged glen of Kinnaur district?
(a) Tidong Valley
(b) Baspa Valley
(c) Bhabha Valley
(d) Lippa Valley
37. 'Jeyeshthang' and 'Kanishthang' are the names given to which of the following?
(a) Local Deities of Kinnaur District
(b) Valleys of Lahul Spiti
(c) Upper House and Lower house of village khap of Malana
(d) Mountain peaks in Sanla valley
38. Which of the following country was relegated to second position by Lahul Spiti by achieving the highest per hectare production of potato?
39. The first mention of which of the following place came in 19=817 from the diary of the Scottish officer brothers?
41. What is the name of web-based software implemented by the Department of Transport of Himachal Pradesh for issuing Driving Licences?
42. Name the Superintendent of Botanical Garden who set up 'Delhi Tea Estate' in 1852?
(a) Major Straut
(b) Dr Jameson
(c) Alexander Couts
(d) Samuel Stokes
43. After intensive research and success of the project which district of H.P.is likely to emerge as pistachios bowl of the state?
(a) Lahul Spiti
44. Where is the first 'Emu' breeding farm of H.P. set up by Multi-level marketing company 'Easy Way with'?
(a) Gandwal in Una
(b) Jeori in Shimla
(c) Paonta Sahib in Sirmaur
(d) Jwali in Kangra
45. Who amongst the following were the two wildlife experts who were the main force behind setting up Himachal's first 'Bird Ringing Station ' at Salopra?
(a) Col. Napier and Donald Macleed
(b) Henry Hardinge and Hugh Gough
(c) Franscis Bunar and T. H, Walkar
(d) William Finch and Thomas Coryat
46. Which of the following has been included in the 8 wonders of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)?
(a) Bhimbetka caves
(b) Golden Temple
(c) Statue of Unity
(d) Amber Fort
47. To which country gifted a 'Made in India' patrol vessel named 'KAAMIYAAB'?
(a) Sri Lanka
(c) South Africa
48. Which Indian Air Force aircraft decommissioned on December 27,2019?
49. Which Tribal refugee community will now be given permission to settle in Tripura following the signing of a historic agreement on January 16, 2020?
50. What is the ranking of Indian Passport in Henry Passport Index 2020?
51. Where is the headquarter of Global Tiger Forum (GTF)?
(b) New Delhi
52. What is 'BOID QIT', which was in the news recently?
(a) Biodiversity conservation techniques
(b) Digital monitoring of the borders
(c) DNA editing tool
(d) F-16 Missile equipment
53. What is the status of House Sparrow in India as per the State of India's Birds 2020 Report?
(c) Strong Decline
(d) Data not available
54. India signed an agreement with which country to establish Addu Tourism?
55. What was India's rank among 156 countries in the Global Happiness Index 2019?
56. Which state Government has launched 'One family, one job' scheme?
(d) Madhya Pradesh
57. Which cities are called 'Non-attainment cities' in India?
(a) The cities where solid waste management system has not been implemented
(b) The cities that are not following water quality standards
(c) The cities which are not complying noise pollution norms
(d) Consistently showing poorer air quality than National Ambient Air Quality Standards
58. Which country topped the list of Global Diplomacy Index 2019 released by Sydney based Lowy institute?
59. Which country has criminalized offences related to match-fixing?
(b) South Africa
(d) Sri Lanka
60. 'Bada Dashain' is the festival celebrated in which country?
(d) Sri Lanka
61. What is the campaign theme of the 'International Women's Day 2020'?
(a) Planet 50-50 by 2030
(b) Equality for women
(c) Think Equal, Act Equal
(d) Each for Equal
62. The term 'Operation Car Wash' that was making news recently, is related to which country?
(b) South Africa
63. Which country will host the UN Climate Summit "COP26'?
64. In the latest report (2019) World Bank appreciated India's efforts and policies to
(a) Reduce Poverty by half since 1991
(b) Provide clean and wholesome water to all
(c) Immunization all the children in the age group 0-5 years
(d) Achieve gender parity in primary education
65. The Nobel Prize 2019 for Economics has been awarded to Abhijit Bhanerjee, Esher Duflo and Michael Kremer for:
(a) To discover the most effective ways to tackle poverty in the developing world
(b) To discover consumption pattern among rural mass
(c) To discover decision making under asymmetric information
(d) To discover the role of non-economic factors on trade distortions
66. Why is there a great concern about the 'microbeads' that are released into the environment?
(a) They are considered harmful to the marine ecosystem
(b) They are considered to cause skin cancer in children
(c) They are small enough to be absorbed by crop plants in irrigated fields
(d) They are often found to be used as food adulterants.
67. Among the following which one is the largest exporter of rice in the world in the last 5 years?
68. Which country's capital name is renamed as "Nursultan'?
69. Which of the following are called Brettonwoods Twins?
(a) IMF & IBRD
(b) IMF & WTO
(c) IBRD & WTO
(d) None of the above
70. Which state got a separate high court on 1 January 2019, which is the 25th high court of India?
d) Andhra Pradesh
71. Which of the following states do not have a bicameral legislature?
(a) Jammu & Kashmir
(d) West Bengal
72. Which state first adopted the Panchayati Raj in India in 1959?
73. Which of the following is/are true regarding Panchayati Raj system?
I. The act won't apply to Darjeeling district of West Bengal.
II. Allotment of seats in constituencies for Panchayat elections cannot be questioned in court of law.
(a) Only I
(b) Only II
(c) Both I and II
(d) None of these
74. Which of the following are recommendations of the L.M. Singhvi Committee?
I. Nyaya Panchayat should be created for a cluster of villages.
II. Constitutional recognition for Panchayati Raj institutions.
III. More financial resources for village panchayats.
(a) II & III
(b) I & III
(c) I & II
(d) All of these
75. PAHAL Scheme is related with?
(a) Agricultural loan
(b) Direct transfer of LPG subsidy
(c) Women education
(d) Child Education
76. Under which Schedule of Constitution of India can the transfer of tribal land to private parties for mining be declared null and void?
(a) Third schedule
(b) Fifth schedule
(c) Ninth schedule
(d) Twelfth schedule
77. Rajya Sabha can delay the finance bill sent for the consideration by the Lok Sabha for a maximum period of:
(a) 14 days
(b) 15 days
(c) 1 month
(d) 6 months
78. The Constitution 86th amendment Act, 2002 deals with:
(a) Right to Education a Fundamental Right for children in the range of 6 to 14 years
(b) Right to employment a fundamental right
(c) Right to employment a fundamental right for rural people
(d) Right to education a Fundamental Right for children in range of 5 – 13 years.
79. National Human Rights Commission is a
(a) Constitutional Body
(b) Extra Constitutional body
(c) Statutory body
(d) Public Private body
80. Which Union Ministry has launched a new portal 'Santusht' for effective delivery of public service?
(a) Ministry of Education
(b) Ministry of Environment
(c) Ministry of Labour and Employment
(d) Ministry of Finance
81. Which state topped the good governance index (GGI), launched by the Central Government on 25th December 2019?
(a) Tamil Nadu
82. Who among the following was not an Arya Samajist?
(a) Lala Hansraj
(b) Baba Ramchandra
(c) Bhai Parmananda
(d) Lala Lajpat Rai
83. Which of the following organization was the last to be established?
(a) Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh
(b) Hindu Mahasabha
(c) Satya Sodhak Samaj
(d) Hindustan Republican Association
84. When was the 'Vernacular Press Act' passed?
85. Which one of the following regions did the 'Pabna' Revolt (1873-76) take place?
86. In which year was the first session of the 'Chamber of Princes' held?
87. Who presided over the commission appointed on Famine Policy in 1880?
(a) James Lyall
(b) Richard Strachey
(c) Anthony Mac Donnel
(d) John Lawrence
88. Which one of the following attended the 'Congress of Opposed Nationalists' at Brussels in 1927?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi
(b) Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
(c) Dr B.R. Ambedkar
(d) Jawaharlal Nehru
89. What was 'Ulgulan'?
(a) A Munda Revolt
(b) A Khasi Revolt
(c) A Bhil Revolt
(d) A Koya Revolt
90. Which one of the following organization was the last to be established?
(a) East India Association
(b) Madras Mahajan Sabha
(c) Indian Association
(d) Poona Sarvajanik Sabha
91. When did the British Prime Minister declare in the British Parliament that transfer of power to responsible India hands will be done by June 1948?
(a) January 26, 1947
(b) February 20, 1947
(c) March 20, 1947
(d) January 20, 1947
92. Which of the following works was written by 'Sachindranath Sanyal' to attract the youth to Revolutionary Nationalism?
(a) Bhavani Mandir
(b) Manifesto of Navjawan Sabha
(c) Philosophy of the Bomb
(d) Bandi Jivan
93. Which one of the following is not a soil type in India?
94. Jalandhar doab is closely related to which of the following?
(a) Area between Ghaggar and Sutlej
(b) Area between Beas and Ravi
(c) Area between Chenab and Ravi
(d) Area between Beas and Sutlej
95. Which of the following is the highest peak in the eastern ghats?
(a) Madugula Konda
(b) Arma Konda
(c) Gali Konda
(d) Vagai Konda
96. Khetri has rich deposits of:
97. 49th parallel is associated with:
(a) Portugal and Spain
(b) Canada & USA
(c) Germany and Poland
(d) Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan
98. Lena river in Russia empties in :
(a) Laptev Sea
(b) Lake Baikal
(c) Sea of Okhotsk
(d) Barents Sea
99. Barren Falls are associated with which structural division of Australia?
(a) Eastern Highlands
(b) Western Plateau
(c) Central Lowlands
d) Barkley Tableland
100. Winnipeg in Canada is famous for:
(a) Fur trapping
(b) Softwood collection
(c) Saw mills